Travel quotes and sayings are an integral part of the culture of traveling. They are often shared on social media, blogs and websites to encourage others to travel.
In this article, we have collected some of the most inspirational travel quotes and sayings for travelers. These quotes will inspire you to take that next step towards your dream destination.
1. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ~ Saint Augustine
2. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” ~ Helen Keller
3. “Not all those who wander are lost” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
Find more quotes below for inspirational quotes for traveling alone, family travel quotes, travelling the world cheaply, how to travel solo successfully, travel memories quotes, or travel with friends quotes.
4. “Take only memories, leave only footprints” ~ Chief Seattle
5. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” ~ Mark Twain
6. ” The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust
7. “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” ~ Gustave Flaubert
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
9. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” ~ Hemmingway
10. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
11. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
12. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal” ~ Paul Coelho
13. “Great things never came from comfort zones.” ~ Anonymous
14. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” ~ Maya Angelou
15. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey” ~ Babs Hoffman
16. “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little of it.” ~ Alexander Sattler
17. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ~ Anonymous
18. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you. ~ David McCullough
19. “Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.” ~ Jamie Lyn Beatty
20. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” ~ Anonymous
21. “Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.” ~ Charles M. Schulz
22. “A Journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you can control it. ” ~ John Steinbeck
23. “Drink Heavily with locals whenever possible.” ~ Anthony Bourdain
24. “There is nothing safer than flying, it’s the crashing that’s dangerous.” ~ Theo Cowa
25. “Jet Lag is for Amateurs.” ~ Dick Clark
26. “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” ~ Paul Theroux
27. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust
28. “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets” ~ Oscar Wilde
29. “Don’t listen to what they say, go see” ~ Chinese Proverb
30. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~Andre Gide